Music: DJ Shadow vs Keane / Bloc Party / The Dalles / The Veils

Here is some miscellaneous rock stuff I’ve been bangin in my earhole this week…

My homegirl turned me onto most of it including the fantastical Seattle radio station KEXP. Eclectic as f*ck and dope as h*ll. Tune in…

KEXP 90.3 FM

DJ Shadow vs Keane - We Might As Well Be Strangers
New new new shit… not what you’d expect from Shadow… which is ALWAYS a good thing.

The Veils - Lavinia
Absolutely beautiful, and I don’t know a damn thing about ‘em

Bloc Party - Banquet
Not a big fan of most of their stuff, but I heard this on a John Peel Session (R.I.P.) a while back and it stuck in my brain. I’m feelin’ this one.

The Dalles - All Goes Down
This is actually on the Mercedes-Benz Mixtape 05… Never heard of ‘em before.

Enjoy…

And if your in San Frandisco this tweekend I'm playin' at Hush Hush Lounge tonight… 496 14th @ Guerrero

4 Comments:

Blogger bingsy said...

Very lush - all. I particularly like the first.

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kexp is the best radio station in the universe...

5:24 PM  
Blogger Peter McLennan said...

re The Veils - main person is a New Zealand lad by the name of Finn Andrews (his dad is barry andrews, ex XTC/Shriekback) who grew up in nz, shifted back to UK and did this labum with his band for Rough Trade label, came back to nz for ab it, and has recently returned to the UK to do the next Veils album.
Joe Dukie is in a band called Fat Freddy's Drop, who have just released their debut album. Great blog too, by the way.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Kimmie said...

I love Keane... but I'm not liking the remix with the shadow. Kinda not feelin' it...

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home