Music: DJ Wally

I guess listening to that new Krush album prompted me to dig out my old DJ Wally records again. Dunno, why. I like Wally, even his Drum and Bass / Jump Up alter-ego Pish Posh. but his downbeat stuff is often TOO abstract for my tastes... Like any music however its all about the right time right place, which is why I continue to cop his albums.

Dj Wally - Space People

So this is one of his less abstract cuts (from the album Genetic Flaw) mainly because the piano riff he is sampling actually has a melody. Believe or not, I heard it first on MTV's short lived electronic music video show AMP. Remember that show? Way way back in the day it came on at about 4am when you were 16 and cracked out after a night of underage partying?

Yeah, neither do I.

So anyway... this track had a video that always used to bug me out. It was obviously created by some rave graphics videographer who did it in their spare time. it consisted of stock footage of bugs and flowers and plants, blooming and wilting in forward, reverse, slow motion, ya know, that sort of thing.

Well, every time the cricket chirps in this song a little cricket would appear on the screen and chirp.

I used to bug out every time it happened.

Maybe you had to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home