MJ Cole / The Wideboys / I Wayne / Piana

Okay reaaal quick... Here is a couple joints ive been bangin…

First up, some genteel Japanese idm by Naoko Sasaki out of Morioka, Japan. Naoka lays her fragile voice on top of guitars, small grimey distorted bass stabs and glitch. Quite a beautiful combination actually… from the album Snow Bird on Happy Music. Any fans of that Morr music flavor should absolutely peep this album.

Piana - Voice
from Snow Bird (Cubic Music/Happy) 2003

The Wideboys are some of my favorite UK Garage producers before Grime took over and I tuned out somewhat. I don’t keep up with it as much as I used too simply because not much comes out in that 1999 / year 2000 styleee of two step mixed with equal parts pop and bass… Some of my favorite producers in that style have all but disappeared… Dub Syndicate, Architechs, Bump and Flex… where the fuck did you go? Fortunately, MJ Cole, The Wideboys, Sunship and a new generation of MJ Cole offspring are still holding it down… Here is the new 12” on Prolific… Buy it. Play it.

MJ Cole & The Wideboys Feat. Vula - Nothing But Trouble (Wideboys Remix)
(Prolific Recordings UK) 2005

The banger of the week is a joint I’ve been (lazily) trying to track down for a minute… DJ Flight has been rinsing a drum and bass bootleg of it for months... which is an absolutely heavy heavy tune (and one of my favorites) in the dubwise stylee… I still don’t know who did that bootleg… anyway… the original vocal and sample are from I Wayne’s version flowing on top of the Father Jungle Rock Riddim which was produced by Patrick Henry and C Williamson on the Loyal Soldier imprint. FIYA!

I Wayne - Can't Satisfy Her
Loyal Soldier (2004)

Riddim good. You gwan go buy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post. you're looking for:

Visionary :: Cant Satisfy Her / In this Time :: Shout Recordings SHOUT004. Chemical Records has it. There's a digital tune called Sax Dub on shout right now that's just disgusting.

-jahquarius

8:35 AM  
Blogger *ADORU said...

oooh visionary, werd. thanks man!

time to buy!

reeespeckt.

andrew

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home