Music: Baby Mammoth / Beige / Solid Doctor / Fabric 18

Being a fan of compilation and concept albums (DJ Kicks, Back to Mine, Another Late Night, etc) I have kept up on the Fabric series since it first started.

Basically... it is just another mix series but this time from the UK club Fabric which brings a lot of big names to the table. But not necessarilly good ones... and shortly after the first several releases I had completely lost interest. Few of the mixes actually moved me. So I have slept on the last couple of 'em...

The new one however...

three-way action from Baby Mammoth, Beige and Solid Doctor is totally righteous! I am a big fan of a lot of Baby Mammoth's cuts, which is why I gave this one a try. He does downbeat stuff in a way that is not generic as hell, like so much of it in these post OM Lounge days. Which is another fantastic series and one that certainly popularized the genre more than any others.

Anyway, I am rambling... so the highlight on this eclectic mix is a cut from Momma Gravy called Sizzling Finch... and its... well... listen for yourself...

Momma Gravy - Sizzling Finch

Buy this cd....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home