Music: Mark E. Quark / MF Doom / Brother Ali Live in LA

Damn, wut a weekend! I have been up to me ears in work for the past two weeks and haven't had a chance to do anything. But when I finally did, I split SF and headed south for some R&R...

Let me just say... LA knows how to get down for Hip Hop... I saw MF Doom and Brother Ali at the Knitting Factory on Hollywood and it was off the chain. PACKED!!! Ive seen Doom 2 other times, but it was never like this... the crowd was going NUTZ. Doom did all the ill joints from his incarnations as Viktor Vaughn and Madvillain (Madlib didn't perform) as well as King Geedorah and his newest shit from the MMmm Food album... Spitting straight lyrics and freestyles, like fiya. It could've only been better if someone threw a chair or the building caught on fire. ILL.

Madvillan - Powerball 5

Brother Ali... a cat who I haven't heard much of... opened up and brought serious pain.

After that show I hit up a incredible set by Mark E. Quark of the now defunkt SF Wicked crew... and I was blown away. One of the best house sets I've heard in a while.

Each time I go outta town or take a trip I like to sum it up in a song... a sort of soundtrack to the weekend if you will...

This cut pretty does that...

Phoenix - If I Ever Feel Better

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home