Music: Dr. Dre / Truth Hurts

Released on Dre's own Aftermath label in 2002, I slept on Truth Hurts for quite a while, before I finally picked up her debut. Partially, because I couldn't stand the Hindi flavored lead single Addictive, which surprisingly... was produced by DJ Quick, whose production work (and MCing) I am usually really into.

Ironically, it was the recent news that Dre and Aftermath are getting sued for not clearing the sample that prompted me to pull the album back out this week.

Truthfully Speaking is a solid album. The sound falls somewhere between, Neo-Soul, average Radio R&B and Dre-Flavored R&B circa the Dre Presents... Aftermath album and his work with Hands On.

Truth Hurts Featuring Dr. Dre - Hollywood

I'm in Los Angeles tonight for some art shows... and to buy kicks. Updates Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home